Monday, November 26, 2007

Shelby's First Birthday

Well Shelby's first birthday didn't go as planned. For starters I had invited 4 other kids who ended up getting sick during the week and didn't come so my kids wouldn't end up getting sick. I had made party bags and planned to let the kids make their own party hats. So before the party started I had to make up a bag to take to their parents so that they could still get there party stuff even if they won't here to enjoy the party they could still have fun like we all did.




This is a picture of Shelby's cake before the party.
the party bags that I made for all the kids.


We made our own party hats. It was really fun. We did door hangers too.







This is my mom and Gabe making his door hanger. He didn't want to make a hat, he isn't in to hats yet.

My sister Jennifer working on her hat. And door hanger.

My brother in law rusty with his purple crown.

My sisters in law cherish, Kyle’s Grandma, and my mother in law making their hats.

Shelby with her aunt sam. Shelby likes her hat.

My sister in law Cherish and Shelby and my mother in law.

I love this picture. It has four generations of women in our family. This is my grandma, me, Shelby and my mom.

Now on the fun part of this the cake……

Gabe helped Shelby blow out her candle because she just wanted to mess with the cake and try to touch the flame on the candle.

Now Shelby has her cake ….













Shelby liked it so much that by the end of the night she looked like this. After all the gifts were opened I think she was done for the day.

Everyone got a gift for both Gabe and Shelby so that Gabe didn’t feel left out. They got a lot of stuff. Shelby got 3 baby dolls and a V smile Baby, and a play chair with a lamp and table that makes sounds and teaches colors and shapes. Gabe got a dump truck and an out fit and a movie viewer toy. And they each got a animal ball that shakes and giggles.

We had a full day. It was very fun but I am glad that each of my kids have birthday in a different month that are far apart. I don’t think I could do more then one party a month like this.

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

Looks like a great party! I love the make your own hat and door hanger idea! im going to have to look into that, and possibly steal the idea...hehe. Glad she had a great party and got some cool new toys.